011 499 4020 WhatsApp 073 668 6627 info@q-pro.co.za
Select Page

Unabridged Birth Certificates – Requirements in the event of recent parental death or mental or physical disability

The following documentation is required to be presented to a South African immigration officer upon entry or exit of a South African port.

Where a parent is unable to consent to allowing the minor to travel due to the parent’s  recent passing or where the parent has a severe mental or physical disability preventing him from doing so, the following applies:

  • Valid passports with at least 3 months validity and a blank page left
  • Unabridged Birth Certificate
  • Where due to the death or severe disability of a parent no consent or authorisation is available, the person acting on behalf of the child such as a medical practitioner, doctor, social worker etc must apply for a special dispensation in stead of parental consent affidavit. The application, together with a full motivation as well as all supporting documentation should be directed at the Office of the Director-General of Home Affairs

Please note:

It is important top note that this application will only be accepted where the parent/s are unable to apply due to their being incapacitated and not where one or both parents are unwilling to provide their permission or where for whatever reason a parent is unable to be located due to divorce or separation.

The application will not be granted where one or both parents refuse to grant consent, unless a court order has been issued in accordance with section 18(5) of the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No. 38 of 2005), in lieu of such parental consent.

If you or your minor children are required to travel abroad and are departing from any port of exit in South Africa, feel free to contact a knowledgeable Q-Pro consultant who will advise you on how best to source these documents.

If you can’t afford to wait 12 weeks or couldn’t be bothered to wait in endless queues at Home Affairs, simply fill out the contact form below and we will phone you to discuss your documentary requirements.