Unabridged Birth Certificates – Documentation required by minors in alternative care
The following documentation is required to be presented to a South African immigration officer upon entry or exit of a South African port.
Where a child is in alternative care, the following documents are required for each child:
- Valid passports with at least 3 months validity and a blank page left
- Unabridged Birth Certificates
- A letter from the Provincial Head of the Department of Social Development where the minor is resident authorising his or here exit from South Africa in accordance with section 169 of the Children’s Act (Act No. 38 of 2005).
- Parental Consent Affidavit. Where this is unavailable the following alternative documentation is required:
- A court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or full legal custody of the child entirely to the travelling parent or
- A court order granted in terms of section 18(5) of the Children’s Act, 2015, (Act No. 38 of 2005) which is a court order granting authorization for the child to travel in the event that there is a dispute or no permission from the minor’s father or mother or
- A death certificate in the case where one or both parents are deceased.
- Where the details of only one parent appears on an Unabridged Birth Certificate, no further permission is required from the other parent
- Where parents are divorced with shared custody of the child, permission is required from both parents as well as
- Both parents full contact details
- Copies of both parents or legal guardian’s identity documents or passports.
- The permission of both parents depicted on the Unabridged Birth Certificate are required regardless of their marital status.
If you or your children are contemplating a trip abroad departing from any port of exit in South Africa, please contact Q-Pro who will advise you regarding how to source these documents.
Couldn’t be bothered to queue at Home Affairs, complete the contact form below and an experienced Q-Pro consultant will call you to discuss your documentary requirements.
Q-Pro Document Services
Q-Pro document services specialises in facilitating the application of critical personal documents for time poor clients.
Address: 79 Jackson Street, Brackenhurst, 1448
Phone – Local South Africa: 011 499 4020
Phone – International: + 27 11 499 4020
Business Hours: 08h00 – 16h30, Monday – Friday