South African Letter of No Impediment or South African Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage
Are you South African born and planning to get married abroad? Then you will need a letter of no impediment.
A Letter of No Impediment, sometimes also referred to as a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage will be required to be presented to foreign authorities before the marriage of a South African born citizen to a foreign citizen is able to be registered abroad.
This certificate simply confirms the marital status of a South African citizen prior to entering into matrimony as registered at the South African Home Affairs. This document can only be sourced from a South African Home affairs office.
Any South African citizen wishing to enter into a marriage abroad is eligible to apply for the certificate of no impediment.
The document is referred to differently in different countries. Some examples include:
- Affidavit of Intended Marriage
- Statement In-Lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad
- Certificate de Coutume
- Certificate of Nulla Osta and
- Certificate of Freedom to Marry
- Letter of No Impediment
- Certificate of No Impediment
- Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage
- Letter or Certificate of Non-Impediment.
- Declaration of Non-Impediment to Marry
- Statutory Declaration of Single Status
The Letter of No Impediment depicts the following information:
- The person’s full Christian names and Surname
- Identification number
- Date and place of birth
- RSA Nationality
- Person making the declaration’s signature
- Witness’ signature
There are a number of requirements and a procedure that must adhered to before the South African Home Affairs office will issue a letter of no impediment.
Skip the queues, complete the form below and a friendly Q-Pro consultant will contact you to finalise the sourcing of your documents expeditiously.
R 1 800 incl VAT
Q-Pro Document Services
Q-Pro document services specialises in facilitating the application of critical personal documents for time poor clients.
Address: 18 Fraser Street, Booysens, 2091
Phone – Local South Africa: 011 499 4020
Phone – International: + 27 11 499 4020
Business Hours: 08h00 – 16h30, Monday – Friday