Unabridged Birth Certificates – Requirements for Minor Children Travelling Unaccompanied
An initiative design to combat child trafficking, kidnapping and abduction in South Africa has left many a parent confused regarding the requirements for a minor child to travel unaccompanied to or from South Africa.
Since October 2014, South African Immigration has required that all minor children whether accompanied by one or both parents or guardians or whether travelling unaccompanied, be required to present the following documents to immigration:
- Consent from both his or her parents or legal guardians confirming permission for the minor to travel in or out of South Africa.
- Valid Passport
- A letter from the person who will receive the minor in South Africa confirming the address where the minor will be resident as well as contact details.
- Full contact details of the person housing the child including a certified copy of his or her Identity document or passport.
- Full contact details of the person receiving the child including a certified copy of his or her Identity document or passport.
- Full contact details of both his natural parents or legal guardians or both, whichever is applicable.
It is important to note that the above requirements apply to both children and minors having South African citizenship or residence status as well as children of foreign nationals travelling to or from South Africa.
If you are planning a trip to or from South Africa, be sure to contact Q-Pro who will assist you to source these valuable documents.
Skip the queues, complete the form below and a friendly Q-Pro consultant will contact you to finalise the sourcing of your documents expeditiously.