Unabridged Birth Certificates
Q&A Child Travelling Alone?
Q: My 16 year old son is planning to study abroad after his matric next year and will be travelling to Germany to stay with his uncle for two weeks while he scouts around for a university that may possibly accept his application. What documentation will he require?
A: In accordance with the new South African Immigration Act which became effective on the 1st June 2015, you son will be required to present the following documentation to South African Immigrations officials at any port of entry/exit:
- Valid Passport with at least 6 months validity remaining and two blank pages
- Visas where necessary
- Unabridged Birth Certificate
- Permission from both parents or legal guardians in the form of a written affidavit granting the child permission to leave the country.
- Full contact details of the individual who will be receiving him (in this case his uncle) including this person’s full residential address, contact numbers, e-mail address and a certified copy of his identity document or passport as well as proof of his residence status.
Where a parent is deceased, the following additional documentation is required to be presented by your son:
- The deceased parent’s death certificate
- A court order granting full parental responsibility to the consenting parent.
Do you urgently need one or more unabridged birth certificates and don’t have the time or the patience to negotiate Home Affairs’ horrendous queues?
Have you applied but it has taken too long?
All is not lost. Simply fill out the form below and contact Q-Pro and an experienced and professional consultant will contact you to discuss your requirements.
Do you need to travel but can’t be bear to queue at home affairs?
Q-Pro can help.
Q-pro is an independent document sourcing specialist with no ties to Home Affairs.
R 1 450 incl VAT
Q-Pro Document Services
Q-Pro document services specialises in facilitating the application of critical personal documents for time poor clients.
Address: 18 Fraser Street, Booysens, 2091
Phone – Local South Africa: 011 499 4020
Phone – International: + 27 11 499 4020
Business Hours: 08h00 – 16h30, Monday – Friday